What is Off-Page SEO?
- Actions that you take outside of your own website that will positively impact your rankings within search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Focuses on enhancing search engines’ and users’ perceptions of your website’s relevance, trustworthiness and authority.
- Achieved via targeting relevant news and industry based publications with your content and securing placements on these websites.
- If a trusted publication from your sector publishes your content with a link to your website included in the copy, this acts as a vote of confidence for your website.
Why is it important?
- The importance of having a strong Off-page SEO presence cannot be underestimated, as one of Google’s major ranking factors relates to the quality of new and relevant backlinks coming into your website.
- The more organically sourced, high-quality , relevant backlinks coming into your website from other sources, the higher your rankings are likely to be.
- It can supercharge and work in tandem your existing traditional PR efforts by turning brand mentions into backlinks, giving your website an SEO boost.
A focus on building backlinks.
The most effective way to build sustainable and organic backlinks to your website is via the use of content-led Digital PR.
- It’s similar to traditional PR – there’s a requirement to cultivate relationships with relevant media contacts, but the focus is on gaining coverage that is linked back to your website in order to improve its ranking performance.
- Long-form editorial content that is genuinely interesting and useful for readers is created and distributed among relevant contacts.
- Relevancy and quality of coverage should be at the core of every Digital PR strategy . A backlink from a highly relevant and authoritative website is far more valuable than several links that aren’t relevant to your sector.
Enhance your existing SEO strategy.
Combining technical and on-page SEO with Digital PR will help to enhance the overall performance of your website. Building backlinks provides even more reasons for Google to rank your website over your competitors.
- Y ou can target specific keywords, pages on your website and audiences. If you have a particular page you want to rank for a keyword, building natural backlinks to that page will improve its visibility in the SERPs.
- Y ou can get ahead of the competition by gaining backlinks that your competitors cannot replicate, especially if you gain coverage in a top industry-based publication.
- Digital PR focuses on building links into natural, editorial content. This normally results in an uplift in traffic to your website , with users clicking on the link in the placed article.